Proflavin Acrilin Ointment
Regular price Rs. 67.00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Proflavine Hemisulfate is the hemisulfate salt form of proflavine, and acridine-derived fluorescent contrast and disinfectant agent that can potentially be used for cellular imaging and antiseptic purposes.
- Upon topical application of proflavinehemisulfate, proflavine diffuses into cells intercalates into DNA, thereby accumulating in and staining the nucleus.
- Duringfluorescence imaging, the cell nuclei can be visualized.
- This allows nuclear morphometry and the identification of cancer cells.
- In addition, proflavine exerts its antibacterial effect by binding to bacterial DNA,therebydisruptingDNAsynthesis and halting bacterial cell growth.